[Bldg-sim] Fw: DOE eQUEST question

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Mon Apr 7 18:57:29 PDT 2008

Welcome to the list.  Note that there is an archive of list postings
which may be helpful.

Item 1) simply delete wall -- if it is not there, DOE-2 accounts for no
heat transfer, solar effect etc for that surface.  You will have to
delete it in the detailed interface (see item 3).

Item 2)  your demand blocks are "cumulative".  You can either enter
these blocks as "cumulative" or 500, 600, 2100 kW "incremental".  Not
sure why they cannot be reentered.  You could always enter them in
detailed interface.

Item 3) the Wizard interface is a quick way to first build a model.  In
the detailed interface, you can edit each of the DOE keywords and edit
the model in much (much!) greater detail.  After you hit "finish", you
change from wizard to detailed under "Mode" in the menu bar.

I would recommend running through the eQUEST tutorial.  I would also
recommend you have a look at the Modeling Procedures Quick Reference --
you can find it by "right-clicking" on any eQUEST field and select
"Tutorial and Reference" and pick it off the list.

Good luck.

Brian