[Bldg-sim] DesignBuilder vs IES VE (integrated environmental solutions) (DarRef: Not Referenced)

Zeina Alwan Zeina.Alwan at dargroup.com
Wed Aug 13 05:04:40 PDT 2008

Dear all,

While investigating on sustainability studies we came across a study
performed using IES (integrated environmental solutions) software.

This software turned out to be compatible with Revit software which we
are currently using for modeling buildings.

However the software we are currently using for building energy
simulations is DesignBuilder, could anyone please list the advantage of
DesignBuilder over IES? Do you think that we should switch to IES?

Regards,

Zeina ALwan