[Bldg-sim] LEED ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G Standard Bldg

Bungane Mehlomakulu bungane.mehlomakulu at ibece.net
Wed Aug 27 09:37:39 PDT 2008

Can someone please confirm that according the ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix
G the baseline HVAC System for High-Rise Residential is a PTAC unit?!

I've reviewed definitions in ASHRASE 90.1-2004 and building codes and
everything points to ASHRAE 90.1-2004 classifying the baseline HVAC
System for Residential (inclusive of high-rise) as a PTAC Unit under
Appendix G. I realize the Energy Cost Budget method has a different
baseline system.

Thanks,

Bungane Mehlomakulu, PE
Senior Associate, LEED AP

IBE Consulting Engineers

14130 Riverside Drive Suite 201

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
p:   (818) 377-8220 ext. 237
f:    (818) 377-8230
IDEAS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT <http://www.ibece.com>

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the