[Bldg-sim] Simulation Calibration

Chris Mullinax chris at mullinaxsolutions.com
Wed Aug 27 13:25:38 PDT 2008

I have used equest a number of times to show clients the relative
effects of changing from standard efficiency to higher efficiency
equipment or say from T8 to T5 lighting systems. Generally, pretty basic
models.

I now have a client a (a municipality) that is interested in
"calibrating" the models to get more precise information.

I've heard the term "calibration" as it relates to models, and I think I
understand the concept, but how is this actually done?  Is it just a
matter of improving the details of the model, or is there testing of
walls and other systems to determine actual installed values?

Are there any good articles out there on this topic?

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Mullinax, P.E. LEED AP

pn: 770-387-1334