[Bldg-sim] modeling spaces of multiple-floor heights

George Hu george.hu at awe-e.com
Mon Aug 18 08:17:58 PDT 2008

Hi John, and all,

I had the same question as Mona regarding how to model spaces that connect
multiple floors (such as an atrium).

This would require creating donut-shaped floors. I used to use VisualDOE,
and I understood that you would have an issue

if you create a donut-shaped floor - the software would not accept it (or am
I right?)

Are there similar issues in eQuest, and what are the techniques to use to
model a space of multiple floor height?

In eQuest, can we create a zone in a floor and make it "open to below" like
how you could do it in VisualDOE?

Thanks a lot.

George

George Hu, PE, LEED AP