[Bldg-sim] multiple wall constructions for LEED

Kendra Tupper ktupper at rmi.org
Mon Aug 11 14:56:10 PDT 2008

In Table G3.1 (#5 Building Envelope) of 90.1-2004, it says that:

³Opaque assemblies...shall conform with the following common, lightweight
assembly types and shall match the appropriate assembly maximum U-factors in
Tables 5.5-1 through 5.5-8:
* Roofs ­ Insulation entirely above deck
* Above grade walls ­ steel framed
* Floors ­ Steel joist²

So every baseline wall should have the assembly max U-factor for a
steel-framed wall. This also allows credit to be taken for having mass walls
in your proposed design.