[Bldg-sim] Appendix G - Base Case Orientations and Glazing

Fred Porter FPorter at archenergy.com
Mon Dec 1 09:22:07 PST 2008

All;
I certainly do NOT think the 2007 PRM requires that the baseline glazing "North" SHGCs be "moved" as the "North" exposures change in each of the simulations that generates the "baseline building performance." I could see how one might think that, but say it ain't so. I assume the baseline "North" SHGC is applied to what would be "North" glazing in the proposed and unrotated baseline models, and those glazing parameters are left in place for that facade as the baseline model is rotated. I don't think this has been fodder for a USGBC CIR or ASHRAE interpretation yet, but maybe I'm out of touch. Addendum A to 2004, which removed the glazing redistribution requirement, still used SHGC_all for all baseline glazing. I thought this had been incorporated verbatim in the 2007 edits but noooooo. Time to get out the magnifier and channel my inner attorney.

Fred

>>> "Bill Talbert" <btalbert at aeieng.com> 12/1/2008 8:00 AM >>>
A90.1-2007 removed the reference to SHGC_All and refers to the Chapter 5 tables. You should be able to use the SHGC_north in the baseline if you follow 2007.
Regards,