[Bldg-sim] Converting TMY, BIN and CSV files

Horowitz, Scott Scott_Horowitz at nrel.gov
Tue Dec 9 08:38:42 PST 2008

Karen,

I believe a file called OUTPUT (or something like that) is created in
the EXENT directory and displays errors found while parsing the TMY2.
Also, perhaps you can double-check that you have a valid TMY2 file. For
example, you could try using the EnergyPlus weather converter to see if
it can successfully convert the TMY2 to an EPW weather file, or you
could try driving a simulation program that uses TMY2 files directly.

I should also point out that the 3rd line in the INPUT.TMP file should
have two spaces after the "TMY2" label - this has been a source of
confusion in the past.

Scott