[Bldg-sim] HRV question

Sever, Franc SeverFranc at karpinskieng.com
Wed Feb 13 07:12:36 PST 2008

Hello All,

I am fairly new to eQuest and this is my first post to this group.  I am
modeling a university building which has an air handling unit with a
heating coil and chilled water coil supplied by campus steam and chilled
water.  My problem is that when I add energy recovery to the air system
the space heating energy goes down but my cooling energy goes up as
compared to the proposed building without energy recovery.  I am using a
sensible HX with OA DT of 10 F, OA heating and cooling, mixed air reset,
and modulating the hx.  I hope all this makes sense, but I also tried
setting the energy recovery to only OA heating and the cooling load
still went up considerably.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and have a great day.

Franc J. Sever
Engineer, Mechanical

Karpinski
ENGINEERING