[Bldg-sim] Fan air flow sizing for ASHRAE 90.1-2004 in eQUEST

Zhen Tian tianzhen9 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 14:39:19 PST 2008

Hello all,

ASHRAE 90.1-2004 section G3.1.2.2 mentioned that equipment shall be oversized by 15% for cooling and 25% for heating for the basecase building. In eQUEST under "Air-side HAVC" we can put "Cooling sizing ratio" as  1.15 and "Heating sizing ratio" as 1.25. Do we need to put system sizing ratio for fan under "Basics/system sizing/sizing ratio"? If we do need to put a sizing ratio, should it be 15% or 25% oversized"?

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regard,

David