[Bldg-sim] Mode Change - The missing data

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 06:42:28 PST 2008

The reason that changes in detailed edit mode are lost when you switch to
wizard edit mode and back is that when you click "Finish" in the wizard
mode, the program overwrites the BDL file, and thus overwrites your changes.

On strategy I use to check my inputs in wizard mode after I have made
changes in detail mode is to:

1. save the file
2. switch to wizard edit mode
3. open the wizard mode
4. check my inputs
5. VERY IMPORTANT--instead of clicking "finish" to return to detailed edit
mode, simply click the close box in the upper right hand corner.  This way
you can return to detailed edit mode without overwriting the BDL file.  This
also means that any changes made in the wizard mode will not propagate to
the detailed mode, but it does allow you to recheck your inputs.

hope this helps.

~karen~