[Bldg-sim] Interiors lighting

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:00:58 PST 2008

AGi32 is a good bet.  It has a relatively user-friendly, CAD-like interface.  It'll give you virtually any outputs you want and it allows you to import any luminaire data from the major luminaire manufacturers.  Having used it for the first time a few months ago, I'd say you can learn the basics within a few hours.  To figure out if direct illumination "leaving the windows", you can set up a grid of points on the window surface for which it will tell you the illuminance.  You can download a free demo that'll give you five runs or so.  Here's a fairly complete list of other lighting analysis software:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/subjects.cfm/pagename=subjects/pagename_menu=materials_components/pagename_submenu=lighting_systems

Liam O'Brien