[Bldg-sim] Night Setback Temperatures and Unmet Hours

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue Feb 26 14:34:16 PST 2008

Steve:

The setback temps are defined in the Cooling and Heating day schedules.
Look down the left side in the Component tree. There should be Heat-Sch
and Cool-Sch. for one or more SYSTEMS.  Open these schedules and they
define the temperature for each hour of a day. The default breakdown is
weekday and weekend, but you can define other days as well (especially
if the building has different seasonal type use). A typical setback
schedule for cooling might be 12Mid-8AM, 85 DegF, 8AM - 6PM, 72 DegF, 6
PM-12 Mid, 85 DegF. You need to input the temperature for the day, hour
by hour.

Don't forget the fan. You need to put a 1 (Always ON) from 8 AM - 6 PM,
and a 0 (Zero) for the other hours. The zero says that the fan will not
come on unless the temperature for the space for that hour was
exceeded.. If you set in 85 DegF and a 4 DegF deadband, the temperature
in the space will need to become 87 DegF to warrant the fan coming on.

If you input a -1, the fans will NEVER come on for that hour.

Hope this helps.