[Bldg-sim] LEED EA Cr1 and historing building alteration

Bishop, Bill bbishop at PathfinderEngineers.com
Fri Feb 29 09:07:13 PST 2008

Ramana,

I posted this two days ago:

"What if it is an existing building, in which case, "the baseline
building design shall reflect existing conditions prior to any revisions
that are part of the scope of work being evaluated."  (From Table G3.1
No. 5 (f).)  Do I ignore items (a) through (e) in their entirety,
including no self-shading (and, for that matter, the whole
average-of-four-orientations requirement)?  And there is still the
question of shading from adjacent buildings."

So your LEED baseline should reflect the existing building envelope,
including fenestration.  (But I am still uncertain about ignoring items
(a) through (e) in Table G3.1 No.5.)

Also note that in the LEED NC 2.2 Errata posted 10/31/2007, the text for
the entire Credit EAc1 has been replaced.  (I have not done a
line-by-line comparison to see what changed.):

https://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=3198

Regards,

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers LLP

Mechanical Engineer

3300 Monroe Ave., Suite 306
Rochester, NY  14618

TEL (585) 218-0730 Ext. 114