[Bldg-sim] Refrigeration Modeling in eQuest

Hoang Duong HoangDuong at gallowayus.com
Mon Jan 28 15:58:16 PST 2008

Hello all.

I am fairly new to eQuest.  I am currently modeling an 800 sf
convenience store.  Envelope, Lighting, HVAC, and DHW components have
all been inputted.

I am having a hard time finding a way to input refrigeration in terms of
display cases.  The components are listed below:

(1) self-contained ice maker

(1) remote roof-top mid-temp condenser for:
	a 1 door cooler
	a sandwich case
	a 3 door cooler

(1) remote roof-top low-temp condenser for:
	a reach-in freezer

Currently I have these modeled as self contained units which cause
cooling needs in the summer.  When I take out these components all
together, I need cooling in the summer and tremendous space heating in
the winter.

If the heat is exhausted outside then the HVAC will only have to
compensate for the cooling?  Then how would the power requirements be
modeled?

Please let me know the best way to approach this.  I picked this as
small beginner project but do you think the refrigeration component
pushes this over my head?

Thanks.

Galloway
  Planning. Architecture. Engineering

HOANG DUONG, LEED AP, ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER

5350 DTC Parkway
 Greenwood Village, CO 80111
 303.770.8884 O
 303.770.3636 F
 hoangduong at gallowayUS.com <mailto:johnscales at gallowayUS.com>
 www.gallowayUS.com <http://www.gallowayus.com/>

This message and any attachments are intended only for the recipient
named. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any
dissemination, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
Galloway & Company, Inc. considers any design data to be in final form
only when plotted, stamped and signed. Galloway & Company, Inc. assumes
no responsibility for the unauthorized use of this data.