[Bldg-sim] Swimming pool modeling

Griffith, Brent Brent_Griffith at nrel.gov
Wed Jan 30 10:53:47 PST 2008

I don't know if anyone has used it for modeling swimming pools, but
EnergyPlus does provide a way of specifying water uses.  If you know and
can schedule the water temperature and evaporation rates, that can be
used as input for a Water Use Equipment object with a latent fraction of
1.0.  The modeling accounts for both sensible and latent effects of
evaporation related to cooling, zone humidity, integrated interactions
with HVAC, etc.