[Bldg-sim] How to simulate a four pipe fan coil system with Air to Water heat pump providing both heating & cooling.

aditya potipireddi aditect at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:32:50 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I am stuck with a problem of modeling a HVAC system serving the perimeter
zone in eQUEST. I have a four pipe fan coil unit with Chilled water
& Heating water coils which is supported by a roof to Ait to Water heat pump
unit on the roof top. I have tried to use the Fan coil unit system on the
air side system but this system needs a chiller and a boiler on the water
side attached to Chilled water loop and Hot water Loop separately.

I am trying to avoid boiler in this system since my source of heating and
cooling is through a Air to Water heat Pump.

Could any one please suggest a way to model this system. in equest. I have
looked at the archives which had a similar question but the solution was not
clear.

Best Regards,

--
Aditya Potipireddi