[Bldg-sim] Cooling effeciency

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:15:17 PDT 2008

PTACs usually have the ability to run an economizer and WSHPs do not.  I am
not sure if you modeled it this way, you would need to check the inputs.
This would account for a drop in savings, but not sure it would account for
everything.  Also, I would expect an increase in pump energy use for the
WSHP system.  In regards to the part load efficiency curves, I have not
studied WSHP and PTACs next to each other.  You might want to make sure that
your curves are normalized to EERs you are inputting.

--
Karen