[Bldg-sim] Boilers sized by eQuest

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Fri Jul 11 08:25:58 PDT 2008

Yu,

Have a look at the PS-H report for your boilers.  It's likely that eQuest
oversized the boilers dramatically.  You could look at the percentage of
time the main boiler spends above the 50% of full load bin and if the number
of hours is not significant, limit the boiler capacity accordingly.

You can also control the boiler staging with an equipment control
(EQUIP-CTRL keyword).  Have a look at the DOE2 help files for instructions
on how to set one up.  An excerpt: "This command allows you to override the
default load allocation routines (in which the program automatically selects
the mix of equipment with a combined capacity most closely matching the load
but preventing an overload condition)."

Hope this helps,
Steven

Steven Savich