[Bldg-sim] link to paths as inputs in TRNSYS

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jul 15 11:27:52 PDT 2008

<I have a question about TRNSYS:
I am doing a parametric study with a large number of case studies and
from one simulation to another I need to change the ?external files?
used as inputs in 3 types (Type 9, 67 and 56). Is there a way to do
this automatically instead of changing the links manually? I know
about the ?parameter table? for changing single values in the input
file .dck (as Constants) but how about the paths of files?>

Set up a series of ASSIGN statements to different logical units.  For
example:

ASSIGN \TRNSYS16\Weather\City_1.dat   20
ASSIGN \TRNSYS16\Weather\City_2.dat   21
ASSIGN \TRNSYS16\Weather\City_3.dat   22

The have an equation that "picks" the correct file:

EQUATIONS 1
LU_Data=21

Then simply use the equation name in lieu of the numerical value in the
parameter specification:

UNIT 9 Type 9 Data Reader
Parameters 3
1  LU_Data  1

Now use the parametric table option and vary the value of LU_Data to
effectively choose different files.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC