[Bldg-sim] Carrier HAP Question

Pegues, James F CAR James.F.Pegues at carrier.utc.com
Tue Jul 22 08:38:27 PDT 2008

Dan,

The ventilation presets in HAP are wholly based on space usage types
from ASHRAE Standard 62-2001or 62.1-2004 (depending on your project
preference setting).  So whatever space usage types you see in the
standard you'll also have in HAP.  I don't see an "Apartment" space
usage type in either Std 62-2001 or 62.1-2004.  It looks to me like the
closest thing is the "Hotel, Motel, Resort, Dormitory" group of space
usage types - the same usage types you've found.

BTW - As a HAP licensee you and your firm are entitled to free,
unlimited software support via 800-253-1794 and
software.systems at carrier.utc.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:software.systems at carrier.utc.com> .  Our support staff
can get you fast answers to these and any other questions you may have.

Best Regards,

Jim Pegues
Carrier Software Systems