[Bldg-sim] regarding energy modeling

Krishnaji krishnaji at mecsd.com
Mon Jun 9 01:13:32 PDT 2008

Good morning!

Sir, we just have a query regarding energy modeling,.. we're encountering
some problem with a residential & commercial bldg. project utilizing Ground
floor as a parking area.

The scenario usually looks like this: say it's a B+G+4 Residential Bldg., in
that. Basement (with a zero setbacks) and Ground floor is utilized as a
parking area. In the Ground floor setbacks is there and their using lattice
works (open crisscrossed pattern) for the openings instead of glazing (I
think this is for natural ventilation) the entry & exit for the vehicle is
also open (nothing on it).. how will we put this to Visual DOE? Do we need
to include this on the Energy Model? If yes,.. then how?

Thanks!

K.PAWAR
MECSD-DUBAI