[Bldg-sim] Appendix G - # of stories

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Jun 12 12:29:42 PDT 2008

I'm working on an energy model for a 4 story lab building that has 4
stories of parking beneath it.

Am I correct that for the ASHRAE baseline building, I would select the
system that falls in the "4 or 5 floors or less than 75,000 sq ft" for
the office portion of the building, and then just set up a common
ventilation system for the 4 levels of garage to mimic garage
supply/exhaust unregulated energy?  The garage levels don't turn my
building into an 8-story building do they?

Thanks in advance!

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200

Arlington, VA  22201-4749

703-338-5754 (Direct)

703-243-1200 (Office)

703-276-1376 (Fax)

www.ghtltd.com <http://www.ghtltd.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of GHT Limited.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail or by e-mail to ght at ghtltd.com, and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.  Thank you.