[Bldg-sim] Modeling variable refrigerant flow system (VRF) in

Travis English TEnglish at tkscengineering.com
Mon Jun 23 07:43:34 PDT 2008

We've done some modeling of the VRF in EnergyPro.

The results are quite favorable, compared to traditional split systems.

Our understanding, as of last week, is that the module for modeling VRF
that is included in Trace is not endorsed by either of the major manufacturers.
(Mitsubishi & Daikin) So, from their perspective, Energy Pro is currently
the ONLY way to model VRF.

We've had some internal debate as to what the corresponding 90.1 baseline
system should be. I'd live to hear people's thoughts.

Travis R. English, P.E., LEED AP
Associate
TKSC
    TSUCHIYAMA KAINO SUN & CARTER