[Bldg-sim] Appendix G: Cooled space?

Howe, Timothy Timothy.Howe at stantec.com
Thu Jun 26 06:47:29 PDT 2008

I have a mechanical room that is conditioned to 95 in cooling through
exhaust fans and heated to 65 with unit heaters.

Do the exhaust fans constitute as a cooling system?  The system would
need to provide a sensible capacity of 5 btu/h*ft2 for the mech room to
be considered to be a cooled space, which I have not yet calculated.

The reason I as is that if these exhaust fans are not considered a
cooling system then the baseline cooling system will need to be modeled
to complete an accurate LEED model.

Any suggestions?

Tim.

Timothy Howe, MS, LEED(r) AP