[Bldg-sim] Cost of Chilled Water from a central plant

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Wed Jun 11 11:14:26 PDT 2008

Hello All:

A Non-eQuest question..

Can anyone give me a good number for the cost of generating chilled
water from a central plant (to sell to a Customer)? This CHW will be
generated by an absorption chiller which gets its input from a
cogeneration system (probably gas fired reciprocating engine).

I think the number I need is the "cost to generate" side. I will let the
Client decide his profit margin.

A friend inquired to me, and I know there is VAST experience from the
fine people on this Web Site.

My thanks.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager