[Bldg-sim] Daylight saving simulation in eQUEST

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Fri Jun 20 10:45:18 PDT 2008

Lan,

49% is large, but not unreasonable depending on a number of factors:

1. Percentage of Core v/s skin zones
2. Light level settings. Set the lights to dim at appropriate footcandle
levels (eQUEST defaults to 50fc)
3. Zone depth - If your zone is deeper than 20 feet, I would recommend
setting 2 lighting control sensors at different depths in the zone
controlling 50% (Or appropriate percentages). This is more realistic to
the controls that your actual building will (or should) have.
4. Glare Indices - I'm not sure how well this factor works in eQUEST,
but the default is set to 100. However if you go into the item help, it
suggests max glare of 22 for offices. If your window shades are set to
movable (either interior or exterior) this triggers the shades. This
would probably be more realistic - especially on east & west facades.

Hope this helps.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com

Please don't print this email unless you really have to.
In the United States, we use enough office paper each year to build a
10-foot high wall that's 6,815 miles long or two and a half times the
distance from New York to Los Angeles.
~ Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, "Recycling Facts and
Figures," PUBL CE-163, 2002.