[Bldg-sim] eQuest Loop to Loop Heat pump-Design HW temperature

Yuan, Yuan Export License Required - US UTRC YuanY at utrc.utc.com
Mon Mar 3 20:04:21 PST 2008

Hi,

I am now using a Loop-Loop heat pump and a normal chiller working
together to supply heating and cooling for a workshop. The Lake/Well
loop is used as condenser water for both L-L heat pump and chiller.

There are two influential design temperature in Lake/Well panel - Design
CHW Temp and Design HW Temp. According to the help file, the values
represent the design temperature used for components that draw/reject
heat from/to the loop. So I guess the Design HW Temp should be the
evaporating temperature for L-L heat pump in winter.

Because I use geothermal as heat source and the ground loop temperature
is around 60F, I set the Design HW Temp lower than 60F. However, eQuest
crashed. It seems that the eQuest can only run when the Design HW Temp
is higher than 60F and lower than 101F. I don't understand why this
happens and feel confused about the meaning of this Temperature.

Anyone who has similar experience could give me some help? Thank you a
lot!!

Best,
Joy