[Bldg-sim] Unmet loads.

Ümit Esiyok umit.esiyok at uni-dortmund.de
Wed Mar 12 06:59:34 PDT 2008

Dear all,

my second question today. I would like to be sure if my understanding is
right or not about not met loads. Currently  I am trying to fill up the
LEED EA Credit 1 submittal. Section 1.3 Advisory Messages There are :
1. Number of hours heating loads not met
2. Number of hours cooling loads not met

I turn back to my e-Quest outputs ( BEPS Report) in the report I read:

a. PERCENT OF HOURS ANY SYSTEM ZONE OUTSIDE OF THROTTLING RANGE (Question:
this value is number of heating loads or should be written in LEED
submittal?)(20,9 for Proposed and 23,0 for Baseline, I am not mechanical
engineer but as much as I understood from ASHRAE number of hours not met
should not exceed 300)
b. PERCENT OF HOURS ANY PLANT LOAD NOT SATISFIED ( Question: this value is
for both number of hours heating and cooling not met or just for
Cooling?)(Both in baseline and Proposed 0,0)

regards

--
Ümit Esiyok
Dr.-Ing., MSc. Arch.