[Bldg-sim] eQuest Title Changes to Parameteric Runs

Brett Fero bfero at robsonwoese.com
Wed Mar 12 08:54:47 PDT 2008

I have liked to add explicit titles changes to parametric run title so I can
easily distinguish each run when reviewing the output reports.  I have done
this using the "Title" Component Type in the past.   However, when using
3.61e I can't seem to make it work.  It is apparent that changes have been
made to the Parametric Run Definitions input window which now includes a
"Category" drop down column in the Data Modification area.

The Component Type "Title" does appear in the 3rd row dropdown list, and a
checkbox is displayed in the References box when I select "Title".
However, it does not  have an adjacent label identifying what the check box
is for.  I would expect it to display "Title".  This was also occurring in
eQuest 3.61b, but all other parametric changes worked properly using 6.61b.

My issues seem to be occurring in the Data Modifications portion of the
Parametric Run Definitions window.  Under the Category column, my only drop
down menu choice is " - none -" after selecting "Title" as a Component Type.
I would expect it to display blank (just as the label next to the checkbox)
or "Title".  Because I am unable to make a Category choice, I am unable to
access the KEYWORD drop down selection box.  That is where I would expect
"LINE-1", "LINE-2", etc. to be available for selection to identify what
title I want changed for the run.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know a work around?

Brett Fero, P.E., LEED AP

RobsonWoese, Inc.

5824 Widewaters Parkway

East Syracuse, NY 13057