[Bldg-sim] DHW provided by HW loop boiler, eQuest

Garcia, Robert RGarcia at akf-eng.com
Tue Mar 18 09:06:24 PDT 2008

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience modeling Indirect-fired
water heaters in eQuest.  I am trying to model a small apartment complex
that has their boiler feeding the domestic hot water loop through
several of these heaters that are essentially just heat exchangers
supplying DHW to a storage tank.  I can't seem to find much information
on this type of arrangement.  I could just assign the DHW load to the HW
loop and define the pumps correctly, but that would not take into
account the storage or correct supply temperature.  It doesn't appear to
be possible to connect the HW and DHW loops directly either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Garcia

AKF Engineers