[Bldg-sim] Ice storage chilling system - getting LEED points?

Sasa Pantic usrobotics011 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 12:21:34 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues,

  I would kindly ask for an information please.
  I am thinking of designing an ice storage chilling system that would generate ice at night, during low electricity rates, and will be used during the following day for to reduce peak cooling demands of the building.

  Could I get LEED credits in Energy and Atmosphere section for reducing the cooling cost?

  In addition, taking into account that ice can absorb more heat than that of water and therefore will lead to much more chilling capaciity or "tons" of refrigeration from the same size/horsepower rating of compressors than a conventional type of chiller.
  I gues I could get more LEED credits for being environmentally friendly?

  Please advise.
  Thanks muchly.

  Regards Sasa Pantic