[Bldg-sim] Residential ERV in Equest

Adam Stenftenagel adam at sustainablybuilt.com
Sun Mar 30 16:25:26 PDT 2008

I'm looking for help in how to correctly specify an ERV for a
residential application. Unfortunately, the two available HVAC systems
in Equest for residential do not support an ERV. I'm afraid if I choose
any of the other commercial based systems that the fan loads, internal
gains and the rest will be very inaccurate.

Does anyone have much experience with modeling HVAC systems for
residential buildings? Even more tricky is that I'm doing this on a
single family home, not multifamily, which seems to be all that Equest
can really support.

Please cc a reply to my email address as well: adam at sustainablybuilt.com

Thanks for any advice!

*Adam Stenftenagel*