[Bldg-sim] ACADEMIC POSTS IN "BUILDING PERFORMANCE MODELLING"

Jonathan Wright J.A.Wright at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 07:09:36 PDT 2008

Dear All,

We have four new posts available at Loughborough University (UK), in the field of "Building Performance Modelling"; one each at the grades of Professor, Reader, Senior Lecturer, and Lecturer. The four posts are part of a University wide initiative to address the reduction of carbon emissions and the mitigation of anthropogenic climate change - more information on the background to the posts and a link to the job descriptions can be found below.

For cross-reference, the post of UK Professor is equivalent to a full US Professor, a "Reader/Senior Lecturer" is equivalent to a US Associate Professor, and a "Lecturer" a US Assistant Professor. Note, however, that all posts have the same "conditions of service" (the issue of "tenure" does not apply to academic posts in the UK).

Jon

---

Prof Jonathan Wright

Department of Civil and Building Engineering,

Loughborough University, Loughborough,

Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1509 222621

Tel:  +44 (0)1509 228529 (Pam Allen, secretary)

Fax: +44 (0)1509 223981

--------

FOUR POSTS IN "BUILDING PERFORMANCE MODELLING" (PROFESSOR/READER/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER)

LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY

Lead the way in energy and climate change - An outstanding opportunity to meet the greatest challenge of the 21st century

Loughborough University is a world-class centre for research into energy and climate change. It has a strategic commitment to supporting the UK's energy and climate change goals with particular emphasis on advancing the deployment of new low-carbon energy technologies, including the efficient generation and use of energy.

In September 2007, the Midlands Consortium, comprising the Universities of Birmingham, Loughborough and Nottingham was selected to host the £1bn national Energy Technologies Institute with its hub based at the heart of Loughborough's Science and Enterprise Park. To capitalise on this, we are now making a major investment in new academic posts, building on an already enviable position in an area regarded by many as the greatest challenge for the 21st century.

Over the last 15 years, the Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology (CREST) has become the pre-eminent centre for research in Renewable Energy in the UK, with particular focus on solar and wind power and power distribution systems. With this foundation, our strategic commitment to the energy and climate change agenda was enhanced in 2005 by the formation of our Sustainability Research School, promoting interdisciplinary collaboration between experts across campus in wide-ranging, world-class research activities including Sustainable Design and Manufacture, Sustainable Energy and Transport, Water Supply and Management, Built Environment and Building Performance, Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management, and Sustainable Societies and Economics. From a base in the host academic department and working with the Research School, the successful candidates will significantly enhance our reputation in energy and climate change, and our contribution to meeting the challenge.

FURTHER DETAILS ON THE BUILDING PERFORMANCE MODELLING POSTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM:

 <http://www.loughborough-university-jobs.co.uk/index.php?page=Results&department=55> http://www.loughborough-university-jobs.co.uk/index.php?page=Results&department=55

INFORMAL ENQUIRIES TO PROF JONATHAN WRIGHT:

Email:  <mailto:J.A.Wright at lboro.ac.uk> J.A.Wright at lboro.ac.uk

Tel: +44(0)1509 222621

CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 28th APRIL 2008