[Bldg-sim] PV Collector in E-quest

Bishop, Bill bbishop at PathfinderEngineers.com
Wed Mar 12 06:00:53 PDT 2008

Ümit,

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday (which was the first time I tried doing an electric generator).  I actually had to use the Windows Task Manager to close eQUEST because the warning window kept opening again every time I closed it.  I eventually stopped getting the warnings after I filled in all the blank fields in the "Basic Specifications" and "PV Array" tabs (including the "Operating Limits/Conditions" tab under the PV Array tab).

A good resource for filling in these fields is the SMA website:
http://www.sma-america.com/solar-technology/products/grid-tied-inverters/sunny-boy/index.html
They also have a string sizing program:
http://america.sma.de/newstringsizing.aspx

Xantrex and SatCon are also good resources, especially for larger systems.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED® AP | Pathfinder Engineers LLP
Mechanical Engineer

3300 Monroe Ave., Suite 306
Rochester, NY  14618
TEL (585) 218-0730 Ext. 114
FAX (585) 218-0737
bbishop at pathfinderengineers.com

www.pathfinderengineers.com
-----Original Message-----
From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Ümit Esiyok
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:57 AM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] PV Collector in E-quest

Dear All,

I am trying to model PV Collecotrs on top of a roof by using the
instructions in DOE dictionary document. But I get some warnings during
the creation of PV Modules and Electric Generation. The Warning is:"Unable
to locate default data for Command=70, Type=4, Keyword=4366" anyone has a
warning like that before?

Have a sunny day

--
Ümit Esiyok