[Bldg-sim] Underfloor Air Distribution Modeling

Lam, Linda linda.lam at sf.fk.com
Mon Mar 10 08:55:09 PDT 2008

I posted a question regarding UFAD last week-Thanks for the responses.

1.	I want to double check and make sure I've made the correct
assumptions for modeling ENVELOPE ONLY in EnergyPro for Title 24
compliance.  My plant, systems and zonal systems are all undefined.  I
did not change my Sq.Ft/Occ. for neither my conditioned spaces nor my
plenum spaces.  Proposed Lighting load is at 1.2 W/sf (office spaces)
and Receptacle/Process sensible heat load is default 0.5 W/sf in both
conditioned spaces and plenum spaces.  (I did not apply the %load
adjustments suggested by your reference document.)

2.	When I leave my plant and systems undefined, am I correct to say
that EnergyPro assumes and sizes the plant and systems for me?  If so,
where can I find these output files?

Any confirmation or corrections are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance--

Linda Lam
FLACK + KURTZ
405 Howard St. San Francisco, CA 94105