[Bldg-sim] Compliance for California T-24 Requires Heat Pump Configuration in E-Quest

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Thu Mar 20 11:19:17 PDT 2008

I am modeling a water loop heat pump system for a California
installation and in trying to get the E-Quest Compliance part to run,
E-Quest is asking for "Heat Pump Configuration" and states that the
default is "zero".  The DOE-2 documentation in Volume 5, Compliance
Analysis, states that the variable is C-HP-CONFIG and the options are:

TYPE = ALL OTHERS
0 - Single Package
1 - Split System

TYPE = PTAC
2 - Pkg Terminal Heat Pump
3 - Room HP with louvered sides
4 - Room HP w/o louvered sides

No matter what System Type I put in, the screen does not appear to
accept an entry, but it will accept a "default" from the "Required
Inputs" screen.  I believe that this enters a "zero" which would be
"Single Package".  It would seem to me that "Pkg Terminal Heat Pump"
would be more accurate, but I can't seem to get it to allow me to input
a "2".

I have a feeling that this is one of those "must use manual entries"
issues, but I have never done that and I am not anxious to try it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Robert Wichert