[Bldg-sim] IES<VE> - LEED EAc1 & ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G

Minu Agarwal Minu.Agarwal at BuroHappold.com
Fri Mar 28 15:19:28 PDT 2008

Hi Anis,

Could you specify where exactly you are stuck with IES VE? We have done
the ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G using it.

Minu Agarwal

CoSA, Buro Happold Consulting Engineers PC
100 Broadway
New York, NY 10005
USA
Telephone:  +1 212 334 2025
Fax: +1 212 334 5528

________________________________

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Anis Ben
Ayed
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:56 AM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] IES<VE> - LEED EAc1 & ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G

Hello,

I have been a VE user for about 6 months. I found it very interesting
specially for creating 3D models, SunCast, Load Calculation ...etc

Now I'm trying to run simulations for a design case and a baseline case
according to ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G as required by LEED EAc1.

I summarized Appendix G in terms of Envelope, HVAC System, Service Hot
Water System ...etc and finally I got a pretty good idea

about what is needed to create a baseline and a design case (Walls,
Windows, Equipment efficiency, Equipment Capacities, sizes ...etc).

The problem that I'm having is that I found limited input entries in
IES<VE> to describe what  ASHRAE requires to simulate the building. For
example the water side is

Very limited and controls are not very user-friendly.

Was anyone successful with IES<VE> to work on LEED EAc1 / ASHRAE
90.1-2004 Appendix G? And if the answer is yes how did you go about
documenting the results?

Thanks to all the participants on this mailing list for their support
and good luck.

Best regards,

Anis Ben Ayed, LEED(r) AP

Mechanical Engineer

a.benayed at eb-engineers.com <mailto:a.benayed at eb-engineers.com>

This message has been scanned by MailController
<http://www.mailcontroller.altohiway.com/> .

Click here
<https://www.mailcontroller.altohiway.com/sr/JgYeZUSyiF662wW1n1TXrnrTrzy
BR5ZMHPv3aWvRia9kKOS6h5anGTo6Ua73JV+IsNu1IuVm3n0jLbVXn!KXjJURV4OkAPCk29N
txwTIk0v7ujpB0BbEUQbfeEqF7UkYQy6IDAfig3pgylFZGPKCwkBYv1QwEOamurm!9u8Pg1X
nBj48smrz9adKiIp40lsoL5FhEeQYifHq3oEHyXAefrPmgUSJxQ9e>  to report this
email as spam.