[Bldg-sim] Creating a TMY weather file..

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue May 6 11:05:13 PDT 2008

Folks:

Please refresh my memory. DOE-2 (thus eQuest) requires for weather, at a
minimum:

1) Dry Bulb Temp
2) Wet Bulb Temp
3) Wind direction
4) Wind Speed
5) Cloud cover

World geometry develops the sun angle and insolation values (as I
recall).

The modeler takes an existing locale close to where you need the
weather, takes an actual year of as much of the above 5 categories as
one can, and inlays the actual year info over the TMY year (make sure to
call the new file something else !!).

If I leave the Wet Bulb column blank and add Dew Point temperature
instead, is DOE-2 smart enough to generate Wet Bulb from the Dry
Bulb/Dew Point numbers ??

Thanks.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager