[Bldg-sim] warehouse areas are not LEED certifiable?( DUBAI)

K. PAWAR krishh666 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 07:20:33 PDT 2008

Dear Sir,
Dubai has adopted a LEED standard for new buildings.  Your answer to my
previous question was very helpful.  But we have many other projects which
are entirely new construction and involve warehouse spaces with attached
offices.  From your previous answer, is it , is it safe to assume that all
warehouse areas are not LEED certifiable?  What if there are unconditioned
warehouse spaces with offices attached, the warehouse employing 10-50
people, the office areas employing 5-20 people.  The office areas are
conditioned spaces.  I'm concerned that some of the projects will not be
certifiable as a whole, or that separating the office spaces from the
warehouses from our LEED scope will not be acceptable.  Please provide
information as to whether such buildings are certifiable, or if only the
office spaces are certifiable, and whether LEED would accept separating the
warehouses from offices spaces from our LEED scope.

Thank you,
K.PAWAR
MECSD-DUBAI