[Bldg-sim] roof monitor, day lighting and photo sensors in DOE2.2

Christian Stalberg cstalberg at southern-energy.com
Tue May 6 10:59:00 PDT 2008

I have a question re. adding a roof monitor to an existing schematic in
DOE2. I have constructed a roof monitor using exterior walls and added the
glazing to the monitor. I will be simulating use of day lighting and
scheduled photo sensors. Questions:

1) do I need to remove the roof of the existing schematic and replace it
with four horizontal exterior walls that will connect the monitor to the
main building? I am assuming the roof will act as a barrier between the
monitor and the main building conditioned space beneath it. Or is this
unnecessary?

2) How do I place a roof on the monitor.do I use a horizontal exterior wall?

Thanks!

++++++

Christian Stalberg, Energy Modeler
Southern Energy Management