[Bldg-sim] TMY3 Released with 1020 US Locations

Horowitz, Scott Scott_Horowitz at nrel.gov
Thu May 15 08:30:17 PDT 2008

The DOE2 documentation is a little confusing in this regard. Here are
the general steps:

1. Copy your TMY2 file to DOE2's EXENT directory and rename to
WEATHR.TMP
2. Create a file called INPUT.TMP in the EXENT directory
3. In the INPUT.TMP file, put the following text. Be sure to replace the
city, state, and station number as appropriate for your location. You
can find this information in the first line of the TMY2 file.

PACK
PHOENIX AZ TMY2
TMY2  23183
STAT
END

4. Run the DOEWTH.EXE executable (it will automatically use the
WEATHR.TMP and INPUT.TMP files above as inputs). This will create a
NEWTH.TMP file in the EXENT directory that is your bin weather file for
use with DOE2. Just rename to Location.bin and you're set.

Scott

--
Scott Horowitz
Center for Buildings & Thermal Systems