[Bldg-sim] Revit to IES Default Templates

Stirling Walkes Swalkes at smseng.com
Tue May 6 05:37:08 PDT 2008

Ronan,

I have only needed to use the interface on one project so far.  I didn't use the REVIT template, but instead imported the geometry into IES and created the necessary elements there.  Window construction, wall construction, scheduling etc. was all done within the IES ModelIT.  The constructions were then assigned to the various components in the model.  I didn't note whether the templates were exported or if the default templates within IES were being used initially.

Are you able to add an external shading device to the window (hovering in space)?  I have done this on a regular IES model but not one imported from Revit.

I have just upgraded to REVIT MEP 2009, there may be some added features within the software now to create new templates.
Sorry, if that wasn't any help.

V. Stirling Walkes, P.Eng., LEED AP
Partner
SMS Engineering Ltd.
770 Bradford Street
Winnipeg MB R3H 0N3 Canada
phone: 204.775.0291
fax: 204.772.2153
Swalkes at smseng.com

>>> "CARNEY Ronan" <Ronan.CARNEY at projectservices.qld.gov.au> 5/5/2008 10:33 PM >>>

If you've been working with Revit to IES, do you know of any easy way to remove all the Revit Default Templates from my file or from the transfer process, or at least the unused ones?

Also, they are NCM templates, how do I get information on these templates, who created them, their certification process.
How do I modify, delete or create my own templates within Revit MEP2008?

Regards,
Ronan Carney
Electrical Engineer
Project Services
* Level 5B 80 George St Brisbane
( Ph: (07) 3224 5983
2 Fax: (07) 3224 6151
,Email:Ronan.Carney at projectservices.qld.gov.au
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Department of Public Works carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable. All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the DPW Privacy Plan. Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Departmental Policies. Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Departmental Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.
Thank you.