[Bldg-sim] TMY3 Released with 1020 US Locations

Joe Huang joe at drawbdl.com
Wed May 14 14:42:42 PDT 2008

I've just gone through this procedure, i.e., creating *.BIN versions, for 50
of these new TMY3 weather files, using the TMY3toTMY2 and doewth programs.
Please note that doewth reads only a 5-number station number, while these
new TMY3/TMY2 files use a 6-number station number. Thus, you need to delete
the last number from the station number both on the INPUT.TMP and the first
line of the raw TMY2 weather file.

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies