[Bldg-sim] eQuest-R refrigerated warehouse

Kevin P. Gilleran kevin at gilleranenergy.com
Tue Nov 18 12:24:55 PST 2008

Alec,

I am looking at modeling a much simpler refrigerated building, wine storage
building, 55'F or so, and noted that you had spent some time recently
exploring using EQuest to model another similar building. We plan to use the
model to go through the LEED EA credit 1 process. In particular I am
interested in how helpful the refrigeration model was and was it able to
model the intricacies of the refrigeration design. Our system is a much
simpler system with DX split systems that have vfd's on condenser fans and
ecm motors on the indoor fan coils.

Any tips that you can provide as to the process that you followed to
complete the model would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kevin P. Gilleran, CEM, LEED AP, QCxP

Gilleran Energy Management

1022 Del Mar Drive

Santa Rosa CA 95405

Office: 707-527-9541

Fax: 707-542-0638

Cell: 707-843-1606

 <mailto:Kevin at GilleranEnergy.com> Kevin at GilleranEnergy.com

 <http://www.gilleranenergy.com/> www.gilleranenergy.com