[Bldg-sim] gains questions

Chris Yates Chris at zed-uk.com
Fri Nov 14 01:50:49 PST 2008

Hi
Please excuse me if some of the nomenclature is unfamiliar - I'm from
the UK!

Q1: I'm used to citing CIBSE as my preferred source of internal gains
info. However, the information is now a little dated and doesn't even
cover TFT screens. Is ASHRAE any better in this department? If not, is
there any reliable source that I can cite for modern desktops, laptops
and TFT screens?

Q2: As temperature increases the human body gives off less `sensible
heat' and more latent heat. Can anybody cite any data regarding this
phenomenon? Again, there used to be a table in CIBSE guide A (1999) but
it was withdrawn in later versions.

Chris