[Bldg-sim] DOE-2.2 geometry import troubles

Brandon Nichols bwnichols at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 00:47:17 PST 2008

Suggest reverse engineering...define your objective in eQuest (starting with
the lower-leftmost vertex for all polygons) and compare the resulting inp
file to yours.  Also take a close look at the DOE2.2 documentation, wherein
the coordinate system is detailed.

Suspected root cause issue is the disconnect going from the eQuest
Floor/Zone editor, where all zone (space) coordinates are entered absolute,
to the .inp file where the eQuest stores coordinates of space polygons
relative to the floor polygon.

Suggest always starting all polygons with the lower-leftmost vertex, to help
make sense of the relative coordinates and azimuths.  This habit is one
you'll be glad to have acquired, should dissecting inp files become your
muse.

Regards

Brandon Nichols
BW Nichols PE