[Bldg-sim] VAV with FP Boxes

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Wed Oct 1 05:15:03 PDT 2008

At first glance, I would double check your insulation and window
values....you've got glass with a U-value of 1.2, exterior wall
insulation of R-3, and roof insulation of LESS than R-1.  This is partly
why your heating energy consumption is so large.

In addition, values like this will mean that your max zone supply
temperature of 95, and max reheat of 42 degrees, are probably not going
to be sufficient to heat the space to 70 degrees at all times.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP
Senior Associate
1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200