[Bldg-sim] Hot Deck Schedule

eric wang shaojieworld2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 16:10:50 PDT 2008

Hi eQuest Folks,

I model a PIU sysem with VAV box. I added a gas furnace for morning warm-up and tried to use hot deck schedule to control the temperature of heating supply air such as 80F. From 1-7 am, hot deck T is 80. For the rest of the day, it is zero because I want to turn off gas furnace.  In the INP file, the parameters are as follow.

SET-DEFAULT FOR SYSTEM
   TYPE = PIU
   HEAT-SET-SCH     = "Gas Furnace"
   HEAT-CONTROL     = SCHEDULED

However, after checking the hourly report, i found the heating coil (gas furnace) is always on even the hot deck temperature in the Gas Furnace schedule has been set to zero. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem is? Your feedback and sugggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaojie