[Bldg-sim] HVAC Design Process Flowchart

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Sep 23 11:30:58 PDT 2008

Sorry about this request being off topic.

I'm working on a project related to the process of chilled
water plant design and an trying to find out if anyone has
ever put together a flowchart of the HVAC design process.
More specifically, a flowchart of the design process a
mechanical engineer would go through in designing a chilled
water system for a building. I'm not talking about the
actual diagram that lays out the components but rather the
decision making steps an engineer would go through. An
example of one box in the flowchart might be "does the load
vary enough to justify multiple chillers? yes or no."

Thanks

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair